Message from the Vice President
The Scotiabank Bright Future Program offers all Scotiabankers the opportunity to have a significant impact in the countries where the Bank operates, promoting improvements in society, creating happiness and health in communities, bringing people together in support of good causes and, ultimately, helping children grow and succeed.
Therefore, with our commitment to our corporate and ethical values and our awareness of our social responsibility to contribute to the welfare of those in need, Scotiabank Panama continues to focus on its projects to help Panamanian children, inside and outside the family, and to help our environment. For this reason, the Social Responsibility Committee organizes activities throughout the year that contribute to these causes, such as:
- Activities with Nutre Hogar focused on improving children's nutrition
- Activities with Fanlyc, supporting children suffering from leukemia and cancer
- Activities with Casa Esperanza, working to eradicate child labour
- Environmental Activities with ANAM to plant trees and with Club de Leones for cleaning beaches
The committee also aims to promote the culture of service among employees by designing volunteer programs that will allow each of them to be active and promote change in our country. These include:
- Volunteer Program with Casa Esperanza, providing comprehensive guidance and education to children who are at risk of child labour
- Volunteer Program with Junior Achievement, allowing them to contribute to children's education in the areas of personal improvement
- Financial Knowledge Volunteering Program with the Panama Banking Association, educating ninth-grade students at the Santa Familia School on financial topics
I invite you to participate and volunteer in these programs so together we can make a difference in each of the communities in which we operate. If you are interested, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the Social Responsibility Committee will contact you.
Vice President and General Manager