Protect Yourself When Using Online Banking
Rapport is lightweight security software that prevents theft of your online banking data by criminals. Rapport is highly recommended as an additional security measure to your anti-virus or existing security software. Rapport blocks any malicious attempt to steal money from your account by protecting your Internet connection and creating a tunnel for safe communication with Scotia OnLine.
- It is FREE and includes all future software updates
- It does not require you to register or restart your computer or any kind of commitment
- It is compatible with but does not replace your anti-virus or firewall
- It ensures that you are on the bank's genuine website even if your computer has a virus
- Prevents the theft of personal information and passwords
- Easy to use and does not slow your computer
- Available for all computers using Scotia OnLine
How does Rapport work?
When you connect to Scotia OnLine, Rapport carries out 3 main activities that make it extremely difficult for criminals to affect you:
- It verifies that you are really connected to the Scotia OnLine site and not a fake one created by criminals.
- It encloses the communication between your computer and the Scotia OnLine site. This prevents the theft of information by criminals when connected to Scotia OnLine.
- It protects your computer and Internet connection by creating a tunnel for safe communication with your bank, preventing criminals from using malware to steal your login or transaction information.
A green icon will appear near (or in) the browser address bar when you are on a site protected by Trusteer
A grey icon will appear when the site is not protected
100 banks and 20 million customers currently use the Rapport software to prevent online fraud
Support when you need it.
Trusteer has a 24-hour contact center to help you with any questions or problems you may have. You can find live chat, telephone, or email support at
|Compatible Operating Systems||Compatible Browsers|
|Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003/2008 (32 & 64 bits)||Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8 y 9
Firefox 12 y 13
Google Chrome 19 y 20
|McOS Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7)||Firefox 12 y 13
Safari 4, 5.0 y 5.1
For updated system requirements, please visit:
When downloading the security software recommended by Scotiabank, the customer acknowledges that such software comes from a third party site and that both the software and the consequences of downloading are the sole responsibility of the company that offers it, and therefore gives up all claims against the bank. References to companies providing software programs are only included for practicality and information and do not constitute an endorsement of these companies' products.
At Scotiabank, online security is as important to us as it is to you. To help enhance your computer's protection we've partnered with Trusteer to offer our customers free Trusteer Rapport security software. It's easy to install and does not require any registration, computer restarts, or commitments. It takes only a few minutes to download and all future software updates are automatic at no charge.
- FREE to download and includes all future software updates
- Ensures you are genuinely on our site — versus a fake site — even if your computer has a virus
- Prevents your login ID, passwords, and other sensitive information from being stolen by malware and fraudulent websites
- Protects your browser when communicating with our website and prevents malware from tampering with your transactions
- Trusteer Rapport works with, but does not replace, your anti-virus software and firewall
How You Know You're Protected:
- Once installed, a green Trusteer Rapport icon will be displayed near (or in) your browser's address bar when you are viewing a website that is protected by Trusteer Rapport
- If the site is unprotected, a grey icon will display instead
- For browser support information or to view a demo please visit Trusteer's Learning Center
The download link will take you to the IBM website, where you can begin the IBM Trusteer Rapport software download. Use of the software is governed by a license with IBM, which is available on that website. By downloading and installing the IBM Trusteer Rapport software, you agree to the terms of the license and to all of IBM's terms and conditions, also found on the website. The Bank of Nova Scotia is not responsible for, nor guarantees, this software, other products or services of IBM, or the IBM website. Direct any questions, problems, or concerns regarding IBM Trusteer Rapport or IBM in general to firstname.lastname@example.org.